1.05.2007

Did we really??


OK, another post about bikes. Gets kind of monotonous, huh? Probably almost as "one tracked" as Uncle Crappy with all his Buckeye Goodness.

Anyway, did DrunkDude and I really ride 109 miles in the desert about a month ago? Are you sure? I'm pretty sure too.

Well, we're spinning inside now. We got workout DVD's for Christmas. The photo above is our "coach", Troy. He is absolutely crushing us. We are doing 45 minute sets of intervals every day and are both crippled. As in, "Sweetie, can you give me a hand? I can't freakin' walk!"

I have to lower myself down the stairs at our house. One. Step. At. A. Time. After sitting for a while I have to hoist myself up with my arms and abdominal muscles. That's because my legs give out on me about halfway thru.

All this training goodness is in response to our problems and ridiculous slowness in the hills of Tucson. Really, I'm pretty embarassed by my performance on the ride. Yeah, I know. I know. We rode freakin' 109 miles, in the desert, in the blazing sun, while it was 90 degrees. Still, I pretty much sucked much of that day.

Just can't wait for tomorrow's training tape. It's called Mental Toughness. Yikes. I'll let you know how that goes. That is if my quads don't explode!

3 comments:

Uncle Crappy said...

Troy looks evil to me.

drunkdude69 said...

You should see him with a bowl haircut.

Uncle Crappy said...

Yeah, that would be even worse...