- stripped wallpaper in the kitchen and prepped walls for paint
- picked out a paint color, finally
- painted kitchen a sagey green
- oiled the kitchen cabinets, instead of replacing the beasts
- cleaned the house. I mean, really cleaned it
Then we had a party! Nothing like having 15 people over to inspire a few projects and a thorough cleaning.
We worked our "regular" jobs all day then came home and worked on the kitchen until at least 10. We did that little routine for about 5 or 6 days in a row. That's the way to get shit done, just do it.
Then, the wine party. It was really pretty cool. It sounds kind of snobby and top-drawer, but it ended up being a lot of fun. It seemed a lot less snobby, at least, after I got a few small glasses of wine under my belt.
Now, this week it will be a little crazy too. I had a big presentation this morning, along with the requisite lack of sleep. And I leave at zero am on Thursday to work an apt. assoc. trade show in Nashville. I'm pretty excited about that!
Then back to Cleveland late nite Friday. Whirlwind 3 weeks, huh?