12.17.2007

December, part Deux








In my last post, I had mentioned that everthing was a bit "delayed" this Christmas Season. Here's why. Normally in December, my priority is all things Christmas.

This year it's different and lots of fun. In the first week of December, DD and I decided to tear up our old, crappy, stained, impossible to clean carpet. Luckily, the carpet was only in the living room. We moved the books shelves (4) and all of the books into the dining room.

We wanted to get rid of the carpet and we were curious as to what was under the carpet. We have hardwood floors in the rest of the house...and we just wanted to see.

Holy finished oak, Batman! We have luscious hardwood under the carpet. I had always feared that the wood under the carpet was horribly flawed. So in my mind, the cheap, impossible to clean carpet was a cover up for something even more ugly. (this is a theme that has run through our home since I first lived here in 1999)

So, as soon as we realized we were "good to go" DD hauled off and ordered a ginormous area rug for the room. We had stalked this rug since September. I picked it out. DD approved. It's big.



9' 9" x 12' 9"


Why would this take so long and delay normal Christmas decorating, gift buying and cookie baking? Because we sorted all of our books. Yikes.



So after sorting, discarding and sifting, it finally arrived. We rolled it out, placed furniture on it and took a couple of deep breaths. It's beautiful. It's lush. It's the perfect scale, color and pattern. Oh, and It really ties the room together.

No comments: