2.14.2005

Happy Monday!

Who knew that Pittsburgh is a cool, interesting and engaging city? I just spent a long weekend there & it was really a lot of fun! Good brew pubs, good food, fun shops....

The Andy Warhol Museum is stellar! I'm not sure I expected such a large museum. All of it was very nicely done. I was surprised at how large some if the Warhol's actually are. The "Elvis" with the gun was about 25 feet long, maybe longer! I even got to see a great series of the classic "Campbell's Soup" screens.

And, to top it off, Pittsburgh has a decent sized downtown area. Wow! Beautiful bridges, great stadiums and really impressive architecture. The William Penn Hotel is lovely.....go to Hotwire to get a great deal.

So, here's to friends, family and more long weekends investigating the sights in PGH.

No comments: